Thursday, April 2, 2009

April's Fool

It's already April. This year is speeding by and I am standing still.

When my father was the pastor at the Melbourne Church of God in Melbourne, FL he had these two sisters share their testimony. They were missionaries. They were old, lol. They were single, never been married. I have always laughed at them. I shouldn't say at them, it's more like... ok i laughed at them. The biggest thing that made me laugh was their view on time. I was only 15 or 16 and had zero concept on how fast time went.
They would say things like "just the other day, when Pearl Harbor was bombed..."or "just the other day when Vietnam started/ended." The things they would refer to were mostly from before I was born, and to me that was sooooo funny.
I'm not laughing anymore. I recently joined facebook and saw pictures of me and my friends in junior high and high school. WOW! It made me say, "that seems like just the other day!" Where does the time go?
It seems like just the other day that the twin towers were hit. It seems like just the other day that I moved to Jacksonville. It seems like just the other day that I was happy.
Were does the time go?

Peace & Love

No comments:

Post a Comment