Friday, January 16, 2009

Daddy's Quote

"It's not what happens to you but what happens in you that matters."



What has happened to you? What was the one thing that impacted your life so deeply that it changed the vitals of who you are, the composition of your time here on earth, your life's dna? Think back to that time. I remember. It changed my view of the people around me. It Changed my view on God. It changed my view on me. I allowed something that happened to me to make fundamental changes in me.
I was just a young girl, less than 20 years of age. The people I looked up to, the people who helped shaped my belief in God, and honestly myself, had betrayed the very root of what I considered faith. How could they? Why would they? I became angry. I became sad. I became different. I allowed it to change who I was on the inside. I allowed it to take root into my soul. I allowed it... The truth is it changed my lifes course. What another did should not have shaken me. But, because I was a child I didn't understand that other people's decisions are not direct reflections on me. I carried the hurt around like baggage. I let it twist the way I viewed future relationships and even the way I spoke to God.
We often times let things get to us, get to our core and become part of us. We carry things with no merrit. We allow the actions of others to change our path. We allow others to change our life view. We allow others...
It was only recently that I asked God to forgive me for holding anger at people so tight. I also asked Him to forgive me for carrying it with me. It changed my life, again, but this time for the better and this time it truly mattered.
We can lose a lot of things, and in the grande skeem of life it won't really matter. We can lose posessions, we can lose money and we can lose people. It's how we relate those losses to our life that makes us who we are. Remember what's inportant and only allow those things to shape the essentials of you.
Peace & Love

No comments:

Post a Comment