Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Ugly Truth

There's a movie coming out called "The ugly truth.' I just watched the trailer for this movie. It looks like a cute little chick flick and I will probably go to the movies and see it.
But a couple of days ago I went with a girlfriend of mine to see "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button". I made snide comments throughout the entire movie and although my girlfriend laughed, when the movie ended and the lights went up, there were only two dry eyes in the room and they were both on my face...
So, why did this movie do nothing for me and everything for others? Well, beside the fact we are all human (which is always my first reason for everything) and we experience the same things differently, my friends had another reason. I'm jaded. I say this word constantly in reference to myself, but what does it really mean? Dulled. Worn out. Wearied. Lacking enthusiasm. Exhausted. Cynically insensitive. Made callous by experience. Yes, yes I am.
So, this is my ugly truth, I want to believe in love. What girl doesn't? I want to believe that some guy will make me forget myself and fall so deeply in love and trust that I surrender to him and to love. I want to believe.
I beleive. I beleive. It's silly, but I believe...

2 comments:

  1. You keep the faith, Anita. I'm already very impressed. You have an obvious flair for art, are very pretty, and have a very wise mind. I give you a lot of credit for trying to show the people on Dr. Hill's blog, the way to peace. Some people can't see things from both sides. I don't know why.

    I wish I wasn't all the way up the coast, because I'd really like to hear your band. I just started a blog as well, but so far, haven't designed it as well! Maybe this weekend I'll be able to work out some of the kinks.

    Peace and Love,
    Tom

    P.S. I love the picture with the cake,but must confess that I find the sight of a redhead with an extremely large knife rather frightening! Redheads are not to be messed with. I know, because my dear cousin Kathy, who sadly passed away last year, was one such firy redhead. Ironically, she lived most of her life in Margate. Another Florida redhead! Maybe she directed me to your site as a way to say hello from heaven. She was the coolest. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To my other big sister:)...
    TRUE LOVE THAT WILL NEVER LEAVE YOU OR HURT YOU:
    'It is God who saved us and chose us to live a holy life. He did this not because we deserved it, but because that was his plan long before the world began--to show his love and kindness to us through Christ Jesus.' @ Tim 1:9

    The Beautiful Truth:
    "For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears."
    Zep 3:17
    "Those who obey my commandments are the ones who love me. And because they love me, my Father will love them, and I will love them. And I will reveal myself to each one of them." John 14:21

    Anita, allow God to heal your heart and lead you to your soul mate - It isn't always who we pick out but God certainly knows & has prepared The One for you (no matter what mistakes I made, and they were many, God led me to The One).

    1 Corinth 13 tells us what love should look like. Don't settle for less - with Jesus, it is possible.

    ReplyDelete